Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Turkey, Snook, Redfish, and Cobia Madness 3/19/11

Well to start it all out, today was opening day of turkey season.  I took a good friend of mine Matt Badolato to my secret spot at Bull Creek Wildlife Management Area.  We got set up in the blind around 6:15a.m. and waited for sunrise. When the sun came out I started making hen yelps, clucks, and purrs on my primos jackpot slate call.  Around 8:20a.m. we had two turkeys come into the decoys, both were males, so Matt and I both raised our 12 gauge shotguns, counted down from three and fired at the two turkeys.  Both turkeys went down.  We were so excited.  This was my 4th Osceola turkey and Matt's 1st.  About a minute later we heard our buddy Charlie Broughton shoot a turkey just a little further down from us.  When we left Bull Creek I noticed the conditions were ideal for cobia so I called my dad and my friend Chesnee Cogswell to see if they wanted to go out in search of cobia.  We launched out of Port Canaveral around 2p.m. and headed 20 miles south.  A hour into the fishing we came across a ray that had 4 cobia on it.  My dad casted the live croaker at the ray hooking into his first cobia that weighed around 30 pounds.  We came across 3 other rays and Chesnee and I were able to fill our limit of cobia on the boat.  As we got back into the mouth of the port, I stopped at the jetties to see if there were any snook or redfish biting.  Are baits weren't in the water more than 5 minutes and my dad hooked into a nice slot snook.  Then Chesnee caught a snook.  15 minutes later Chesnee and I doubled up on redfish.  We fished for another 10 minutes and then headed back to the ramp.  Today was a awesome day to spend outdoors and if your interested in booking a fishing trip with me you can reach me at finandflycharters@gmail.com, www.finandflycharters.com or call (321) 652-5903.  Here is also a article about our turkey hunt, just click on the Florida Today.  Enjoy the photo's!!!

Tight Lines
Capt. Jamie Glasner
Fin & Fly Charters





2 comments:

  1. Oopsmight have spoken too soon. Young teams dont know how to play late in games, especially playoff games. Total self-destruction. Can they now learn to win? Go Cs. Pensacola Fishing Charters

    ReplyDelete