Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cobia Mayhem off Port Canaveral 2/26-27/11

Was invited to go offshore this weekend to fish for Cobia on my friends 34ft Pursuit called Dr. Hook with twin yamaha 250 4-strokes.  It was Bernie, Jeff and myself in search of rays and the brown turds aka Cobia.  On Day 1 we saw 3 Cobia and Caught 2 of them but they were to short to keep.  We also caught some sea bass along with some mutton snapper.  On day 2 we found the Cobia we needed.  We pulled up on one ray that had some gangster's on it.  We caught our limit today but lost 2 of the biggest Cobia I had ever seen, they were about 65-75pounds.  The fish were down south in 50ft of water and the water temp was 69.  All the fish were caught on jigs tipped with pinfish and let me tell you the Cobia couldn't resist them.  I was also able to take a quick picture of a mega yacht which is also the owner of the Saints football team.  If you are interested in catching some of these Cobia the next two months is the time to go after them and you can reach me at finandflycharters@gmail.com, www.finandflycharters.com or call (321) 652-5903.  I hope you enjoy the photo's.

Tight Lines
Capt. Jamie Glasner
Fin & Fly Charters



No comments:

Post a Comment